Choosing a 12V deep cycle battery is the toughest thing in the world. Isn’t it?
With so many brands and retailers out there, every battery user may tend to configure while choosing the best one.
So, we thought to seek out this confusion by publishing an article that would reveal the 10 best 12V deep cycle batteries. But first, let’s see….
Where to Use a 12v Deep Cycle Battery?
A 12V deep cycle can be used for a number of applications ranging from electric vehicles to trolling motors.
You can use these deep cycle batteries with RVs, campers, solar and wind systems, off grid applications and a lot more.
10 Best 12 volt Deep Cycle Batteries
1. VMAX MR127 12 Volt 100Ah AGM Deep Cycle Battery
The VMAX MR127 is a 12V deep cycle battery that is maintenance-free because of the AGM technology used in its plates.
This model of VMAX deep cycle battery is most compatible with Minn Kota, cobra, Sevylor, boats ranging between 40-100lbs and other types of trolling motors.
It has a very fast recharging rate and is excellent for marine use.
It has a special type of plates and is very much superior to traditional flooded batteries.
The special chemistry used in the plates of the VMAX deep cycle battery provides extra resistance to shock and vibrations and helps the battery to deliver more strength and power.
It has heavy-duty grids that give an extra shelf life to the battery.
- No need for maintenance.
- Shock and vibration resistant.
- Faster recovery after deep discharging.
- Compatible with a variety of marine applications.
- Very heavy and bulky.
- Avoid excessive draining of the battery during usage.
2. Weize 12V 100AH Deep Cycle Battery
Weize deep cycle battery is an AGM sealed lead acid battery that can be used for solar systems, RV, camping and trolling motors.
It has a lead plated silver terminal that prevents excessive power loss during electricity supply.
The case of this battery has an anti-overheat feature that avoids the battery from becoming too hot during usage and hence increases the service life of the battery.
Again, this battery is also made by using AGM technology and therefore it is maintenance free.
It comes ready to install and use and provides outstanding resistance to leaks.
This battery can also be used for golf carts, lawn and garden tools, toys, etc.
It is backed with a one month full refund policy and a year warranty.
- Maintaince free with AGM technology.
- Lead plated silver terminals.
- Compatible with both marine and non marine applications.
- Refund policy for 30 days and warranty for one year.
- Some verified users complain that the battery rating is 50Ah and not 100Ah.
- Some also complain that it drains really fast.
3. Universal Power Group 12V 100Ah Deep Cycle Battery
The universal power group 27 12V battery is a sealed lead-acid battery equipped with AGM technology.
It is best to use with solar and wind applications.
The battery requires no maintenance and on the same, it is 100% spill and leak proof.
The battery can be mounted in any position and has excellent resistance to shock and vibrations.
The universal power group also provides a full one year warranty.
Read More About Universal Power Group Deep Cycle Battery
- Completely maintenance free.
- No spilling.
- Backed with one year warranty.
- Completely sealed with no chances of giving a shock.
- The battery should not be charged in a sealed container.
- There may be a risk of fire or explosion if not handled carefully.
4. Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
The battle born 12V deep cycle battery has a rating of 100Ah and includes an inbuilt BMS.
The battery is capable of delivering 3000-5000 charge and discharge cycles.
It is best to use with RV, camper, marine/land applications and off-grid applications.
The inbuilt BMS (Battery Management System) that is known as the brain of a deep cycle battery, protects the battery from high temperature and short circuiting.
Battle born provides an excellent warranty for 10 years to its customers.
Read more about Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
- Battery management system.
- Lithium ion technology.
- Light weight and convenient to carry.
- Warranty issued for 10 years.
- Some users say it is not as good for marine appliances.
- Very expensive but still worth every dollar.
5. Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery
The Renogy deep cycle 12V battery is a 100Ah rating AGM battery that is compatible with RVs, solar appliances, marine appliances and odd grid applications.
Even at the most discharge rate, this battery can deliver a current of 1100 amperes that is supposed to be the maximum discharge current for a deep cycle battery.
The renogy deep cycle battery has an extremely low self discharge rate that makes it possible to store the battery during off season.
Because of the absorbed glass material used in the battery, there is no need to maintain the battery or check the water levels.
It has a small size and hence is very convenient to carry and has a long shelf life.
Read more about Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery
- Low self discharge rate.
- High value of discharge current.
- Compact size.
- May cause fire or burning if not handled properly.
- Battery may get damaged if charged in an airtight container.
6. WindyNation 100AH 12V Deep Cycle Battery
The windy nation 12V deep cycle battery is a sealed lead-acid battery with AGM technology.
It is non-spillable and maintenance-free and is most commonly used for off grid applications.
It can also be used for floor cleaners, golf carts, material handling applications, oil and gas recreations, offshore marine etc.
This battery can be recharged and discharged for hundreds or thousands of times depending upon the application that you are using it for.
It is made up of 99.99% pure virgin lead and hence has a very low self discharge rate.
Windy nation also gives a complete one year warranty to its users.
Read more about WindyNation 100AH Deep Cycle Battery
- No maintenance required.
- Very low self discharge rate.
- One year warranty.
- Some users of the battery claim that the battery takes a lot of time to fully charge.
- Some also said that the battery drains very quickly.
7. Mighty Max Battery ML35-12 – 12V 35AH Deep Cycle Battery
This model of mighty max deep cycle batteries is lead-lead dioxide battery sulfuric acid as the electrolyte that is absorbed by the glass material and the electrolyte is no more free flowing in the battery.
This makes the battery maintenance free, leak proof, non spillable and mountable in any position.
It has calcium-lead-tin alloy grids that improves the density and service life of the battery.
This battery again has a very low self discharge rate and is backed with a 30 day refund policy and 1 year warranty.
Read More about Mighty Max Battery 12V Battery for Solar
- Maintenance free and leak proof.
- Better service life.
- Negligible self discharging.
- 30 days refund policy and one year warranty for naughty max customers.
- Battery needs to be recharged after every use.
- Short-circuiting or charging the battery in a sealed container may damage the battery.
8. ExpertPower 12V 33Ah Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery
12V deep cycle battery is a sealed lead acid battery made from the highest quality of material.
The case of the battery is made of non- conductive ABS plastic that provides excellent resistance to vibration, shocks, heat and chemicals.
The ExpertPower deep cycle batteries are not only known for their excellent power supply but also for their long lasting service life.
The battery is sealed and maintenance free because of the AGM technology used in it which utilises very fine fibrous glass material to absorb and immobilize the electrolyte.
The battery is DOT certified and there is no compromisation regarding the quality of ExpertPower deep cycle batteries.
- AGM technology makes the battery maintenance free.
- Excellent service life.
- No worries about leakage or spilling.
- Battery case is resistant to heat, shocks and vibrations.
- No description about refund policy or warranty.
- Too small in size and hence cant provide too much power.
9. VMAX SLR100 12V 100ah Solar Battery for Camping RV Panels
VMAX batteries are known for their faster recharging rate with excellent power supply.
The VMAX 12V deep cycle battery is also a battery with the most advanced AGM technology and hence is out of maintenance.
This model of VMAX batteries is especially designed for solar systems and energy storage applications.
It can withstand repeated discharged cycles without any fail.
With an extremely low discharge rate, this battery is perfect for most of the energy demanding applications.
- Ideal for solar and other energy demanding applications.
- AGM deep cycle battery that requires no maintenance.
- Faster charging rate.
- Very low self discharge rate.
- Somewhat big in size but gives excellent power.
- Only compatible with solar and other tough applications.
10. Mighty Max 12V 55Ah Deep Cycle Battery
This variant of Mighty Max batteries is most suitable for boats and electric trolling motors.
The battery is maintenance free, leak proof, non spillable and mountable in any position because of the AGM technology used in it.
This battery is a completely sealed lead acid battery with a very low self discharge rate.
It can also be used for golf carts, electric vehicles, garden maintenance tools etc.
No worries about returns, as it is backed with a 30 day refund policy along with one year warranty.
- Maintenance free.
- Leak and spill proof.
- Resistive to vibrations.
- One year warranty issued along with it.
- Battery can be damaged if charged in a sealed container.
- Needs to be recharged after every single use.
How to Choose the Best 12v Deep Cycle Battery?
If you are actually confused about it, then have a look at the below mentioned points.
Deep cycle batteries that utilise AGM technology and are maintenance free are far more better than traditional flooded batteries.
Low Self Discharge Rate
Make sure that the battery that you are buying has a low self discharge rate so that you can store the battery when not in use.
Most of the retailers of deep cycle batteries don’t keep a handy stock with them, so ensure that it is readily available in stock and also has a fresh manufactured date.
Ready to Install
It’s excellent when a battery comes already charged and is ready to install for usage.
Go through the return/refund policy and warranty(if provided) before you purchase the battery.
Don’t miss the following video:
How long do 12V golf cart batteries last?
And usually the service life is around 5 years for any of the golf cart batteries but some may also last for 8 years.
Is there a difference between deep cycle and marine battery?
These two are different terms for batteries but not different types of batteries.
A deep cycle battery can run long hours and needs to be charged regularly whereas a marine means that the battery is most suitable for marine applications.
What does ‘deep cycle’ mean on a battery?
What happens if a deep cycle battery goes flat?
So, here we end up with our best 12V deep cycle battery guide.
We hope that you liked it and we wish that now you are no longer confused about how to choose the best 12V deep cycle battery and you will be able to make the best choice for yourself.
Take a look at these 12 volt batteries also:[amazon box=”B084DB36KW,B005CLPOQM,B0824S6LB2,B00UC70LUK,B00BMUJX6Y,B08HLJVF83″]