We have discussed a lot of different types of batteries on our blog. We have talked about batteries based on performance, functionality, weather, usage and a lot of other factors. In this article, we are going to discuss the different batteries available for you if you need a car battery, specifically the best group 27 deep cycle battery. Different cars with different designs require different size batteries.
Now, if you know about batteries, you must also know that the design of batteries also affects their performance. As it turns out, Group 27 is one of the most popular battery groups and is very common in vehicles, both terrestrial and marine.
Group 27 batteries offer a great size to performance ratio. They are mostly used in vehicles requiring high power such as Jeep Wrangler. Group 27 batteries are also seen in other domains such as scooters and other appliances. It greatly depends on what the type of battery is.
In this article, we’ll be mostly looking at deep cycle batteries. It is very important, however, to figure out beforehand what kind of battery fits your requirement. Getting the wrong battery can be a real hassle and can often cause problems in the long run. Luckily, we have discussed at the end of this article how you can find the best deep cycle battery for you. But before that, let us have a quick look at the different products available in the market for you to choose from.
9 Best Group 27 Deep Cycle Batteries
1. Interstate Batteries 12V 35AH Sealed Lead Group 27 Deep Cycle Battery
One of the most important features of any deep cycle battery is the capacity of the battery, often measured in Amp-Hours. There is a wide variety of battery capacities available in the market for you to choose from.
This particular battery comes with a 35Ah capacity, in comparison, that is very low compared to most inverter batteries but it is the perfect battery if you are on a budget and looking for something for lighter loads. The battery is also built on AGM technology and can work great even in the toughest of conditions.
The battery is very durable and reliable when it comes to performance and should work great for uses like RVs and small boats.
2. Banshee D27M Group 27 Deep Cycle Marine Battery
If you are looking for a good dual-purpose battery, this is the one for you. Although we are mostly discussing deep cycle batteries today, this battery also features a good cranking power along with the deep cycle capacity.
The battery has an interesting combination of both deep cycle and cranking abilities that make the battery versatile and usable in a wide variety of cases. The battery exhibits a decent 77Ah capacity and 800CCA rating. To top it all off, the battery also comes with 140 minutes of reserve capacity to enhance the experience.
The 800CCA rating is a good rating for most vehicles. You can easily use this battery as a car battery if your car has needs for deep cycling capacity. One of the drawbacks however, is that this battery is a flooded battery and thus lacks some of the features other batteries on our list have due to their AGM design.
But the battery is still almost maintenance-free and comes with a 2-year warranty for additional reliability.
3. Renogy 12V 100Ah Group 27 Deep Cycle Pure Gel Battery
Most of the batteries on our list are AGM type batteries. AGM batteries are widely used as deep cycle batteries due to their design and strengths. However, there is yet another type of batteries available in the market. The gel batteries usually provide better performance than AGM batteries. They charge up faster and are also completely sealed and maintenance-free, making them excellent choices for most applications.
This particular battery comes with a 100Ah of deep cycle capacity which is excellent and similar to some other batteries on our list. The battery also features a very low self discharge rate giving the battery excellent shelf life. This battery will be an excellent choice for you if you are looking for a battery for big systems. However, one drawback with gel batteries is that they are normally more expensive than AGM batteries and hence not the most economical choice.
4. ExpertPower 12v 33ah Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery
This is the battery you are looking for if what you seek is something cheap and powerful. This battery is completely based on AGM technology and thus is completely sealed and maintenance free. The battery is a good option for applications requiring less power. The battery is only rated at a capacity of 33Ah, which can be low for some applications but perfect for some simpler applications.
33Ah batteries will charge up much faster than batteries with higher capacities and are really easy to maintain. This battery is extremely affordable and economical and a good deal altogether. The battery provides great operating conditions and works great in a lot of different environments. If you need something for a small boat or an Rv or other similar applications, this is the battery you may go with.
5. Trojan SCS200 12V 115Ah Group 27 Superior Deep Cycle Battery
This battery by trojan is the battery with the highest capacity on our list. With a capacity of 115Ah, this battery provides excellent deep cycling capacities. However, this battery has traditional flooded cell chemistry, which makes it devoid of features like vibration resistance, etc., features that are common in sealed batteries.
This battery however, is very durable and reliable but we’d recommend that you do not use this battery in vehicles as the vibrations from rough terrain may damage the battery. This battery would be an excellent option for a domestic inverter setup or similar functionalities. The battery may require some time to time maintenance, for the best results.
6. VMAX XTR27-110 AGM Marine Battery 12V 110Ah Group 27 Sealed Deep Cycle Battery
Standing on a rating of a 110Ah, this battery is one of the most powerful batteries on our list. This battery by VMAXTANKS features AGM technology. The battery is completely sealed and maintenance-free. This battery is an excellent choice for big setups or RVs and marine uses.
The deep cycle capacity of this battery is really amazing. You can even connect the batteries in parallel to get a more powerful setup. The battery even has a 220-minute reserve capacity. This battery is capable of functioning properly in tough environments and would be an excellent choice for cold and harsh weather.
To top everything off, the battery also comes with a 1-year warranty.
7. Weize 12V 100AH Group 27 Marine Deep Cycle Battery
One of the best 100Ah batteries on our list, this battery is best suited for applications where you need a higher voltage such as solar appliances. They work great in pairs and multiple of these batteries can be connected in different combinations to get the desired results.
The AGM technology makes the batteries very durable and reliable and thus you can easily use these batteries for bigger setups. They work great in setups with inverters. This battery has an excellent price point and provides great performance. However, you may not want to use it as a car battery as the battery doesn’t really have much cranking power.
8. Mighty Max ML35-12 Gel – 12 Volt 35AH Rechargeable Gel Type Battery
Mighty Max batteries are known for their amazing quality and finish. This battery is a complete gel battery by Mighty Max. The battery is rated at 35Ah and is one of the best 12v battery. Also, it is a good fit for small applications. We have discussed 35Ah batteries already in this very article and all the applications work well with this battery too.
The battery is completely sealed and maintenance-free. The battery also provides a decent shelf life. The gel battery works flawlessly in extreme temperatures too.
9. VMAX MR127 12 Volt 100Ah Group 27 AGM Deep Cycle Maintenance-Free Battery
VMAXTANKS has some of the best AGM batteries in the market. Their product range consists of batteries for all different purposes. We have discussed other products from the product line before but this particular battery also provides the same quality you would expect from other models.
The battery features amazing AGM technology and thus, just like the previous batteries on our list, this battery is completely maintenance free and spill proof. This battery works especially well with trolling motors and for other marine purposes. The size and performance give the battery a genuine advantage. We highly recommend the battery if you are looking for something powerful and affordable.
How to find the Best Group 27 deep cycle battery?
Choosing a good battery can be really tricky but in this section, we are going to talk about a few points you can keep in mind while buying a new deep cycle battery. Since you have already identified the size of the battery you want, a lot of the work is already done. Keep these points in mind when you buy a deep cycle battery.
Needless to say, one of the most important features of deep cycle batteries is the capacity. 100Ah batteries are widely used but that doesn’t mean that a 100Ah battery would be the best choice for you too. As the capacity increases, the price also increases and you should try to figure out your exact power consumption to get a good idea of the exact battery capacity you need. It will help you save some money and also improve the overall performance.
We have looked at a few different battery types in this article. Flooded, AGM, Li-Ion and Gel are some of the most common battery types available in the market. Each has its own advantage and disadvantage. Before you buy a battery, make sure you read about the different battery types available in the market and see which one’s the best for you.
Price and Warranty
Last but not the least, you should always make sure that you get reliable batteries. Getting a reasonably priced battery with a good warranty is a safer option than buying cheap batteries with no warranty. There are a lot of budget options when it comes to batteries but make sure the battery you are buying has a decent quality.
Batteries with warranties are always a good deal as it makes sure your investment is safe in case something goes wrong.
Here is a helpful video on how to choose the right car battery:
How many amp-hours are in a group 27 deep cycle battery?
What does the Group 27 battery mean?
How long will a group 27 battery last?
What is the difference between a group 27 and a group 31 battery?
In this article, we discussed the best Group 27 deep cycle batteries available in the market. Towards the end, we also talked in brief about some things you should look out for while buying yourself a deep cycle battery. We hope you found the article helpful.
Check out these models also:
- Odyssey Extreme Series Marine Battery Model 34M-Pc1500St (Group 34 With Tin-Plated Sae Posts, 3/8 Inch Positive And 5/16 Inch Negative Thread Ss Stud Terminals) Like An Athlete That Is Both A Sprinter...
- With Twice The Overall Power And Three Times The Life Of Conventional Marine Batteries
- Through Creativity, Productivity And Innovation - This Brand Continues To Develop The Finest Automotive Accessories
- BUILT-IN BMS: BMS stands for "Battery Management System" - the brain of our deep cycle lithium batteries. Our BMS protects your battery from most common causes of battery failure, such as temperature...
- LITHIUM ION TECHNOLOGY: Unlike Lead Acid batteries, Battle Born's deep cycle lithium ion batteries have unlimited mounting capability, exceptional longevity, and are more cost effective. When...
- GREEN ENERGY BATTERIES: Made from 100% safe, nontoxic, renewable energy, Battle Born Batteries last for more cycles and can be charged and discharged repeatedly (and charge faster than any other...
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND VERSATILE: At a sleek 31 lbs, our 100Ah 12v battery weighs in at only 1/3 the weight of lead acid batteries! With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position....
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Proudly designed and assembled in the Reno, Nevada - the epicenter of the lithium ion battery world. We test (and re-test... and re-test again) literally every battery we ship and...
- BCI Group Size 27M LifePo4 Lithium Ion Marine Battery with [+ -] terminal
- Group 27M Battery | 12V 70AH Lithium-Iron Phosphate Battery | 900CCA | Dimensions: L= 12.00" W= 6.81" H= 7.87" | Dual Post True Marine Terminals, Built-In Voltage Meter | 3 Year Warranty
- Fits and Replaces: D27M 8027-127, SLI27MDC, 27DC-2, DC27MF, 27DC, 40881-G27, GL80-80AH, ML100-12, NSB-AGM27, and More.
- 100% Compatible OEM replacement for Personal Watercraft, Boat, Marine, and More.
- It's Not a Battery, It's a Banshee.
- UPG #45978 UB121000 12V 100Ah
- Dimensions: 12.17 inches x 6.61 inches x 9.16 inches. Weight: 63.93 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
- Interstate Batteries Deep-Cycle mobility product, our DCM0100 Replacement battery fits many top wheelchair and electric scooter brands and more. This product is not a replacement for golf cart...
- Rechargeable, 12v 110ah AGM battery, Maintenance-free and spill proof because of the AGM & VRLA (valve regulated) technology that eliminates spills and overpressure
- Professional-grade quality product developed specifically for wheelchairs and scooters. Long life for deep discharge usage. The best performer for heavy demand mobility, wheelchairs, 12v 110ah marine...
- 12v 110ah deep cycle marine battery. Dimensions: 12. 99 inches (L) x 6. 81 inches (W) x 8. 35 inches (H) Terminal: INSERT W/BOLT REPLACES FLAG TY. Fit type: Universal Fit. Works with 12v 100ah battery...
- Deep Cycle battery 12v from Interstate Batteries. Power your performance with the right choice in rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) batteries for your business applications. Constant, long-lasting...