Deep cycle batteries are an amazing source of electricity that can provide constant current continuously for a long duration of time. If you need a continuous power supply for your application to run, then we shall consider you to buy a deep cycle.
But when it comes to selecting the best 6V deep cycle battery, we often get confused. Since the number of retailers and brands of deep cycle batteries is increasing day by day, we could barely find out which one is the best for ourselves.
So here is a complete 6V deep cycle battery guide for facilitating you in choosing the best one out.
Where to Use a 6V Deep Cycle Battery?
The 6V deep cycle batteries can be used for a number of applications such as golf carts, electric vehicles including Jeep Wrangler, electric scooters and cars, boats (if the battery is marine friendly), solar and wind energy plants, telephone and telecommunication systems, etc.
All of these applications require a constant current throughout, that is why deep cycle batteries are used for them.
9 Best 6v Deep Cycle Batteries
1. NPP AGM Deep Cycle Battery
NPP is a 6V deep cycle battery that has an ampere rating of 200Ah. It consists of a valve that allows the internal gases to pass so that there is less pressure built inside the battery.
It’s a lead-acid battery with AGM (Absorbed Glass Material) technology and hence it is maintenance-free. Certified by CE, IEC, ISO14001, and ISO19001, NPP batteries are reliable and trustworthy.
These batteries are most commonly used for alarm systems, emergency lighting systems, standby power supplies, telephone switching systems, etc.
It has a rugged design that is resistant to shocks, vibrations, and extreme heat. NPP provides a 30-day return policy along with a one-year full warranty for its customers.
2. Universal Power Group UBGC2 Sealed AGM Deep Cycle 6V 200AH Battery
These batteries are completely sealed and AGM deep cycle batteries that do not need any maintenance. It has a non-spillable design with a 200-ampere hour rating.
It consists of a gel electrolyte and hence can be mounted in any position.
These batteries have stabilized electrolyte suspension systems that means the electrolytes are not free-flowing and are held by absorbed glass mat separators.
These batteries are best suitable for ATVs, motorcycles, watercraft, UPS systems, alarm systems, and extinguishing systems.
The universal power group provides a one-year warranty for its users to claim in case they experience any issues with the battery.
3. VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery
VMAXTANKS 6V deep cycle battery is an AGM high capacity battery that is maintenance-free. These batteries are ideal for golf carts, solar energy plants, and wind energy plants.
It has a faster recharging rate and higher reserve capacity with an 8-10 years lifespan.
The electrolytes are held and absorbed by the AGM technology making the battery free of maintenance. It also has heavy-duty grids that provide strength and an extra margin of performance and service life. There is no need for checking specific gravity or adding water.
4. Trojan T-125 6V 240Ah Flooded Lead Acid GC2 Deep Cycle Battery
We consider flooded batteries very outdated but they have exceptional qualities that an AGM battery may not have. They are long-lasting and give a continuous power supply and can withstand regular discharging that AGM batteries could not handle.
Trojan batteries are mostly used for photovoltaic systems, golf carts, electric cars, forklifts, etc.
As these are flooded hence they are really cost-effective and you can easily afford to buy them but in return, you have to regularly maintain the battery.
Ensure that the water levels are adequate, check the specific gravity and clean the terminals on a regular basis.
5. Trojan T-105 GC2 6V 225Ah Deep Cycle Flooded Lead Acid Battery
This model of trojan batteries has a battery rating of 225Ah that is different from the above-mentioned battery having 240 Ah.
Since flooded batteries are usually known to have a better battery life as we all have heard ‘old is gold’. Therefore this model of Trojan batteries is also one of the most long-lasting deep cycle batteries ever.
It can easily withstand frequent discharging and trojan deep cycle batteries are recommended by a majority of golf cart brands of America.
It has an advanced design with alpha plus paste that helps to increase the battery life. It can be used for golf carts, utility vehicles, floor machines and aerial lights.
Trojan also provides a one year warranty so that you can buy a flooded battery easily without worrying.
6. Lifeline Marine AGM Battery – GPL-4CT
The lifeline marine battery is a high performance and multi speciality battery with AGM technology. It is completely maintenance-free with no acid leaks and provides more power than conventional batteries.
It has a very low internal battery resistance and therefore helps to recharge very fast. Lifeline batteries are most suitable for marine use, RV, and solar applications.
7. NPP NP6-225Ah 6V AGM Deep Cycle Battery
It’s a 6V deep cycle battery with 225 ampere-hour rating and AGM technology.
You can use these batteries for Solar applications, UPS systems, Alarm Systems, Fire Fighting Equipments, Standby Power Supplies, Telecommunication Systems, Wind Systems, RVz, Wheelchairs, Electric Fences, Mobility Scooters, Farm Equipments etc.
These batteries are certified by ISO9001, ISO14001, CE, and UL. The battery case is made up of non-conductive plastic therefore it is resistant to shock. It can also withstand high heat and is super easy to install.
If you are not satisfied, there is nothing to worry as NPP provides a 30 days money-back guarantee along with a one year warranty.
8. Ultratech Power UT640 6V 4Ah SLA Battery
The Ultratech power battery is a sealed lead acid battery and can be used for electric vehicles and standby applications.
This battery is rated at #508,214 in health and household batteries, #885 in 6V batteries and #19,016 in security and surveillance equipment. It comes fully charged and is maintenance free.
It works very nicely with alarm systems and has an easy setup for easy installation. Ultratech battery is non-spillable with an electrolyte suspension system and 3-5 years of lifespan.
It can be easily recovered from deep discharging and has FI terminals.
9. Mighty Max 6V 200AH SLA Battery
The mighty max batteries have heavy duty lids that comprise calcium alloys that provide an exceptionally high lifespan.
It can be used for both float and cyclic applications. The AGM technology used in the same helps the battery to avoid leakage or spilling. It also has a valve regulated design that helps to install the battery indoors.
It can be used with a lot of applications like golf carts, garden tools, electric vehicles, emergency lighting systems etc.
This battery is maintenance free and is backed with a return and refund policy of 30 days along with warranty for a complete year.
How to Choose the Best 6V Deep Cycle Battery?
If you are still confused about choosing the most appropriate 6V deep cycle battery for yourself then you should go through these below-mentioned points.
Ampere hour rating
A deep cycle battery is required to work for long hours and it is better if you buy a battery with a higher ampere-hour rating of at least 200Ah.
Low self-discharging rate
A battery with a high self-discharge rate will result in charging the battery again and again that most of the users of deep cycle batteries do not like.
Though flooded batteries have their own pros but it will be beneficial if you buy a maintenance free AGM battery.
However, flooded batteries will also be a great choice if you are looking for a battery with a higher lifespan and a battery that can withstand a high discharging rate.
Apart from this, always go through the variety of applications that the battery is compatible for before purchasing it.
How to identify which battery fits your golf cart? Watch the following video:
How long do 6V golf cart batteries last?
Should I leave the golf cart plugged in all the time with the battery?
Why does the golf cart die so fast?
Removing corrosion and tightening up the connections may help, in the worst case scenario you should probably replace your battery.
What is the difference between 36V and 48V golf carts?
Can i use a 36V battery with a 48V motor?
The best deep cycle battery for you lies in the fact that it totally depends on the appliance for which you need the battery.
Hence, refer and acknowledge your appliance before you purchase the battery.
We tried to list down the best 6V deep cycle batteries available out there and we also listed some important points that you must know about deep cycle batteries.
We hope that this article will be helpful for you in choosing the best deep cycle battery for you and we also wish that one of the above-listed products will become your choice of best deep cycle battery.
Take a look at these models also:
- Interstate Batteries Deep-Cycle mobility product, our DCM0035 Replacement battery fits many products: Our Compatibility Guide is located under Product Guides & Documents. Also Fits: Jazzy Chairs,...
- Rechargeable, Maintenance-free and spill proof because of the AGM & VRLA (valve regulated) technology that eliminates spills and overpressure.
- Professional-grade quality product developed specifically for wheelchairs and scooters. Long life for deep discharge usage: the best performer for heavy demand mobility / wheelchairs. 12volt 35 ah...
- 12volt 35 ah sealed lead acid battery. Dimensions: 7.68 inches (L) x 5.16 inches (W) x 6.42 inches (H) Terminal: INSERT W/BOLT REPLACES FLAG TY
- Quality product - our rigorous testing 7 point quality protocol - ensures we exceed industry standards and back our products with an unmatched 1 year no-hassle warranty. The DCM0035 is designed for...
- 6-Volt, 800 Cold Cranking Amps
- Reserve capacity of 100 minutes for constant performance. Internal Resistance is 0.0019
- Optimal starting power even in bad weather. Case Material : Polypropylene
- 15 times more resistant to vibration for durability. C20 capacity: 50 Ah
- Weight:18.5lb, Length:10.06, Width:3.63, Height:8.13 inch
- CERTIFICATION - ISO9001, ISO14001, CE, and UL Certified
- BATTERY TYPE - 6 volt 225 Amp Rechargeable AGM SLA Battery
- APPLICATION - High Performance Maintenance Free Batteries for 6V,12V, 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V Alarm System, Emergency Lighting, Firefighting Equipment, Standby Power Supply, Telephone Switching System,...
- RUGGED DESIGN - The battery case is made from a Non-Conductive ABS plastic, Strong Resistance to Shock, Vibration, Chemicals, Weather and Heat. Extremely easy to install and requires no maintenance.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We back all our batteries with our 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and our 1 year manufacturer defect warranty. Please see warranty details at product description.