It has been several years since the design of keys has started evolving and today we stand in an era where the traditional keys and smart keys cannot be compared.
While a traditional key has to be inserted into a keyhole, a smart key does not need any of these procedures, all you have to do is press the unlock button and voila! Car unlocked.
Today car keys come with features that enable the user to unlock or lock the car wirelessly, such keys have batteries incorporated into them, which power the circuit inside them.
However, these batteries do not power the keys for a lifetime, and the user will have to replace them manually. Replacing a dead key battery is not an easy task, as different car keys require different types of batteries.
10 Best Car Key Battery Online
However, a car key battery is not a special battery they could be the same battery we use in watches, remote controls, or calculators. The type of battery used will depend entirely on the type of car key—however, some brands manufacture and market batteries that are specifically designed for car keys.
If you are looking for a car key battery, then we have selected and listed the top five best car key batteries that you can consider purchasing today. Our experts have reviewed each of the products and we have compiled a buying guide that can help you select the best from the diverse market.
1. Discount Keyless CR2032 Key Fob Remote Battery
A car key battery is very important as the car key itself, without an appropriate battery to power the key; it will be useless if you are looking for the best battery for your car key, then, this product is the best option for you.
The product comes from the brand Discount Keyless and it is one of the top-rated brands that market car key batteries today. This product comes in a pack of two batteries and it is easy to install. One of the notable things about this product is that the user does not have to re-program the key after installing this battery. The manufacturer has a strict policy of delivering fresh batteries with at least a year to the expiry date.
2. KeylessOption 2032 Battery
This car battery comes from the brand KeylessOption, which is not a well-known brand. However, in the past few months, the customer reviews on this product have been consistently positive and this is one of the reasons, we added this product to our list.
This is a CR032 type battery that is best recommended and designed for keyless entry car keys. One of the best things about this product is that it can power your smart key for a long time and the battery does not drain easily. The user does not have to re-program the key after installing this battery as it comes specially designed to avoid such hassles.
3. USARemote Battery CR2032 3V for Car Remote Key
USARemote is one of the top-rated car key battery brands on the market today; this brand has a legacy and reputation in manufacturing and marketing top-quality car key batteries. This product is best recommended for smart keys as they can power your key for a long time.
This product comes in a pack of three batteries that are designed for easy installation. One of the best things about this product is that it is designed to be installed without re-programming the key. The entire product is blister packaged to ensure the product remains fresh for a long time.
4. Discount Keyless CR2032 Key Fob Remote Battery (5-Pack)
Yet another product from the brand Discount Keyless and this car key battery is one of the top-rated available today. This product comes in a pack of five batteries and is designed to serve the requirements of your smart key.
This is a CR2032 specification car key battery designed to power your smart key for a long time, the product comes designed in such a way that it is easy to install. The user will not have to re-program the battery after the installation of this battery. As mentioned above, this product is guaranteed to fresh with at least a year to the expiry date.
5. Mercedes-Benz Remote Key Battery
Almost everyone around the world knows the brand Mercedes Benz; this brand has a legacy of manufacturing and marketing top-quality products. This car key battery is designed for almost every Mercedes Benz car keys that is powered by a 0000388-coin battery.
One of the best things about this coin battery is that it is designed to power the smart keys of almost every car, few of the common cars include SLK350, CLS63 AMG, E320, E550, CL500, GL450, C63 AMG, and SL55 AMG. Unlike most of the car key batteries, this product comes best packaged. The product comes in a pack of 2 batteries.
Car Remote Key Battery Buying Guide
As mentioned in the introduction, a car key is not a type of battery that has a special design or shape. It is just a coin battery that can power the car key, however, some of the specifications such as output power could be different for a car key battery, this is because a car key might demand a different power rating than a normal coin battery. This is one of the reasons, it is very important that you consider the below-mentioned factors while purchasing a car key battery.
1. Types of Key
Different cars have different types of keys today, and each type of key may or may not use the same battery. However, it is very important that you check the car user manual and find out the type of battery your car key requires. There are instances where the installation of the wrong battery has rendered the car key useless forever. Therefore, without an expert opinion or without referring to the user manual, never try to pick a car key battery.
Car keys are very important, in the beginning, it was easy to duplicate the car keys, but today, smart keys are comparatively very hard to duplicate. This simply means that if the battery you install fries the car key circuits somehow, you will not be able to lock and unlock your car.
Here is where the battery brand comes into play, today, the market is so diverse that there are top-rated brands that manufacture and market top-quality batteries for specific car keys. If the brand is reputed, the quality and the specifications declared would be consistent throughout.
Batteries are tiny powerhouses that power the car key to perform specific functions wirelessly. If the battery fails to provide the power required, the key could prove useless, there are instances where the coin battery simply seizes to function, it could be because of poor quality or any other internal reasons.
In such circumstances, a warranty can help you, most of the car key battery available on the market today come with a manufacturer’s declaration of the maximum number of months the battery can power your key. Therefore, it is very important that purchase a car key battery with a maximum warranty.
4. Expiry Date
Most people assume that the expiry date of batteries is just a sham. This is utter foolishness; a battery can efficiently function only within the expiry period. If you purchase such expired batteries, then there is a high chance that they will not function. Therefore, always check the expiry date before purchasing the battery.
What kind of battery does a car key fob use?
The most common battery is a small lithium-ion battery. Other types of batteries that can be used in a car key fob include nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal-hydride and lithium polymer.
Are all car key batteries the same?
all car key batteries are the same, they just come in different shapes and sizes. The most common type of battery is a AA battery, but there are also AAA, C, D and 9-volt batteries. Most car key batteries are sold in packs of two or four.
– AAA: Uses two 1.5-volt cells. Approximately 1000 charges are recommended.n
– AA: Uses one 1.5-volt cell. Approximately 500 charges are recommended.n
– C: Uses two 1.5-volt cells in parallel. Approximately 2000 charges are recommended.n
– D: Uses one 1.5-volt cell in series with one 3.6-volt battery (usually an automotive battery). Approximately 1500 charges are recommended.
How long should a car key battery last?
A car key battery usually lasts around 3-5 years. However, depending on how you use your car and how often you replace the battery, it may last for up to 10 years. Some factors that will affect how long the battery lasts include how often you leave your car in idle mode and how often you lock and unlock the car.
What happens when key fob battery is low?
If your key fob battery is low, the key won’t work. To check the battery, press and hold the power button for two seconds. If the green light blinks once, the battery is low and needs to be replaced. Replace the battery as soon as possible to avoid losing access to your car.
A car key battery is very important as the circuit itself, without an efficient battery, your key could prove useless. This is why there is anbra immense need to purchase the best car key battery. The above-mentioned car key batteries were selected strictly based on the factors mentioned in the buying guide. Feel free to purchase any one of the product, and you will not regret it your decision.
Check these also:
- BITTER TASTE DISCOURAGES SWALLOWING – Duracell Lithium Coin batteries are the only batteries with a non-toxic, bitter coating to help discourage swallowing
- CHILD-SECURE PACKAGING makes Duracell Lithium Coin battery packaging nearly impossible to open without scissors
- LONG-LASTING BATTERIES DESIGNED FOR DEPENDABILITY – Duracell Lithium Coin Batteries deliver the long-lasting power and performance you can count on for electronic devices throughout the home or...
- RELIABLE POWER – The Duracell 2032 3V Lithium Coin battery powers both everyday and essential home devices, including key fobs, remote controls, glucose monitors, thermometers, and many more
- GUARANTEED FOR 10 YEARS IN STORAGE – Holds power up to a decade in storage, so you can be confident these batteries will be ready when you need them
- ★High Quality: Tested under Strict Quality Control Standards. CE and ROHS Certified. Grade A cells CR2032 Ensure Longer Battery Life and Long Lasting Power
- ★Get the Exact Fresh CR2032 Battery, Have Full 3 Volts Charge, 3 Years Shelf Life
- ★Primarily used in Watches, Computer motherboards, Calculators, PDAs, Electronic organizers, Garage door openers, Toys, Games, MP3 players, Digital voice recorders, Door chimes, Pet collars, LED...
- ★If your device uses any of the following batteries, this is what you are looking for.:Energizer...
- ★What You Get: 10PCS CR2032 Batteries in Exact Blister Pack
- Package Included: 50 Pieces CR2032 Lithium Battery
- Battery Type: Battery CR2032 3V Lithium Button
- Full 3 Volts Charge, 3 Years Shelf Life with Long-Lasting Power
- High Capacity 230mAh, Diameter 20mm, Height 3.2mm.
- Used in Remotes , Key Entry , Watches , Computer motherboards , Calculators , Electronic organizers , Garage door openers , Toys , Games , MP3 players, Digital voice recorders , Door chimes, Pet...
- Brand new, Direct from Energizer
- Contains 6 Energizer 2032 Lithium 3-Volt Coin Batteries
- Delivers long lasting, dependable performance in specialty devices like heart rate monitors, remotes, keyless entry systems, glucose monitors, toys, and games
- Holds power for up to 10 years in storage, ensuring you have Lithium Coin Batteries ready when you need them.Keep out of reach of children
- Replacement for: L14, DL2032, SB-T15, and 5004LC
- Eligible for use with an Amazon Dash Smart Shelf auto-replenishment scale to keep you stocked on your favorite necessities
Related Review: Best 6 Volt Car Battery